Posting and Campaigning in Residence Halls
Before you start your campaign, please read the procedure for posting and campaigning in Residential Halls on campus.
- All flyers that are handed out must be approved by the Student Programs Office. To do so:
- Fill out the posting approval form on MyBC. All posts must abide by the posting policy.
- Once approved you may print copies. Once copies are printed come to SPO (Maloney 242) to get flyers stamped. All flyers must be stamped before use.
- Quarter sheets must be approved but do not have to be stamped.
- Flyers in residence halls may ONLY be posted on an individual person’s door. In order to post on an individual’s doors you need to get permission from the residents of that room.
- There is absolutely no solicitation in the residence halls. You may not go door to door campaigning. This is their home, not a public area.
- You may hand out flyers in front of residence halls but not in lounges and study areas. All flyers handed out need to be approved by SPO. It is also recommended that you use quarter sheets to conserve paper.
- You may not ask your RA to support your candidacy. RAs are meant to be a neutral resource for all freshmen.