The UBGC Student Organization application will be closing for this academic year on Monday, March 13th, 2017.
The application to register a new student organization is now open. The UGBC Board for Student Organizations accepts and evaluates applications during the academic year when classes are in session. To fill out the application complete the new organization request form on MyBC.
For your future reference, the entire approval process is outlined in the following stages:
1. Primary Application (submitted online, via MyBC)
2. Drafting of Constitution (material for drafting a constitution will be provided once your primary application is submitted)
3. Interview with the Board of Student Organizations
4. Approval by the Board of Student Organizations
5. Office of Student Involvement Approval
Please note that submission of material does not guarantee approval of your organization and your application may be denied at any of the above stages. The process, from start to finish, can take 2-3 months if there is a high volume of applications.
While we encourage all interested students to apply for recognition of their organization, please note that reapplications for previously denied organization are discouraged unless you believe that the structure, goals, or methodology of the group have changed significantly since your last application.
For a more in-depth explanation of the approval process for student organizations, the Student Organizations Handbook is a helpful resource.