The Southeast Asian Student Association (SEASA) strives to reach out to Boston College and the surrounding communities in order to spread awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the cultures of Southeast Asia. Our mission is:
1. To represent the Southeast Asian countries of Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. We hope to promote the idea that all these countries are multi-faceted and rich with diversity.
2. To provide a home away from home for students of Southeast Asian descent at Boston College where cultural needs can be met in a safe and familiar environment.
3. To share and explore the vast cultural richness of the represented countries through events and activities that exhibit art, food, dance, and other cultural traditions.
4. To make others aware of the political, social, and economic issues affecting Southeast Asian and Southeast Asian-Americans in both historical and contemporary contexts by hosting lectures, panels, workshops, and other programs.
5. To enhance the Boston College community by encouraging student development through active involvement in club activities, community service, student support, and mentoring.
6. To educate others and ourselves by collaborating with other clubs and organizations through various campus projects and events.
Meet our officers for the 2012-2013 academic year! And if you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of us.
President: Benjam Tan [Tanbf@bc.edu]
Vice-President: Youy Ou [email@example.com]
Treasurer: Ryan Lee [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Secretary: Jen Eosakul [email@example.com]
AHANA Caucus Representative: Sothavy Doeur [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Director of Social and Political Affairs: Natalie Sombuntham [email@example.com]
Media Chair: Darrien Bush [Bushda@bc.edu]